Leader in Training Program (LIT) 2024
Applications for 2024 have now closed.
LIT applications will open on December 16th, 2023 and close on January 2nd, 2024.
Being an LIT at camp is a big deal! At Eagle Lake, it’s all about growing and learning in a motivating, enthusiastic environment. This LIT program will allow you to learn and develop the skills necessary to take on further responsibilities in a manner consistent with the goals and visions of ELRC.
• Personal growth
• Developing as a leader
• Learning different age group characteristics
• Ringette and skating skill analysis
• Team work and team building techniques
• Program planning
This program will also help you apply your leadership skills to real life situations. This way you can use them in your every day life!
This is a unique role. As an LIT, you will join a group of of future leaders like yourself, and together you will learn the ropes of basic leadership. You will spend half the week acquiring leadership skills and will put them to the test mid-week, when the program shifts to “in the field” leadership and you are assigned a designated cabin to assist campers and staff.
LITs at Eagle Lake will be helping our campers make the most out of their camp experience. This will help you, and the campers gain confidence and experience the benefits of camp, the ice and your everyday lives!
On the ice, you will be given the opportunity to assist on-ice instructors with their daily ice sessions through planning, skill analysis, observation and assisting. This may encourage some of you to become instructors yourself!
We tend to hire succesful graduates from our LIT program for future years on staff as counsellors and instructors.
This program is not a volunteer position and is not eligible for highschool volunteer hours.
• Be prompt, enthusiastic, creative, energetic, responsible, helpful, mature
• Assist and observe ELRC instructors on-ice
• Assist and observe ELRC counsellors with cabin groups
• Lead supervised camp activities throughout the week
• Maintain an ongoing log of observations and reflections throughout the week
About the LIT Program
- LIT’s stay in their own LIT cabin supported by an assigned LIT Co-ordinator
- LIT’s will spend Sunday-Wednesday doing camp activities and leadership challenges to prepare them for the Thursday-Saturday portion – which is hands-on experience when LIT’s are assigned a cabin to assist with throughout the day, and will return to their LIT cabin and coordinator each evening.
- LIT’s are NOT permitted personal devices while at camp
- LIT’s will receive a personalized 2024 LIT camp hoodie and T-shirt with registration.
- The LIT program is no longer a “staff role”, and will not attend pre-camp or staffing meetings.
- The LIT program runs from Sunday August 25th to Saturday August 31st, 2024. Check-in will be on Sunday at a designated LIT time and place.
There are up to 12 spots available that will be chosen by camp directors based on previous camp experience, aquatic certifications and leadership involvement. Applicants will be informed of their outcome on January 7th via email.
Candidates must be born in 2009 to be eligible for the program.
The program cost for 2024 is $1100
All camper cancellation policies apply to the LIT program.